Information System Security Policy
This information system security policy (hereinafter "Policy") creates an agreement between you, the customer, and us, the owner of www.michelin.co.th. This agreement is in place and applies to all users and visitors of the website.
When accessing and using this website, you are agreed to abide by the policy and regulations which can be found at www.michelin.co.th. This website belongs to Michelin Siam Company Limited (hereinafter “We”), a company registered in Thailand. Its registerd office is at 33/4, The Ninth Tower Building, Grand Rama 9, Building A, Rama 9 Road, Huai Khwang, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
Please use our website for lawful purposes only and do not use our website in the following ways:
- Breaking or violating any existing national or international laws or regulations
- Having a purpose against the law or morality, defrauding or gaining an advantage in any way that is against the law or morality
- Having an intention to harm or harass minors in any form
- Transmitting, uploading, downloading, using or reusing any material or content the user already knows that is against the standard and policy
- Transmitting any unwanted advertising material (spam)
- Transmitting, transferring media, or uploading anything that is known to contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, recording programs, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or similar computer code designed to influence the functionality of software or computer hardware
You also agree that you will not
● access to interfere, destroy, disrupt, harass, without being allow;
- any part of our website
- the device or network that stores our website
- software used in the provision of our website
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by a third party
Interactive chat service
From time to time we may provide interactive chat services on our website. These include:
- chat rooms,
- bulletin boards
("interactive chat services").
When the above service is available, we will provide information about the types of services, monitor their use, and make necessary changes, either manually or by automation.
We will evaluate the risks that may occur to users, especially for children, from third parties when using interactive chat services on our website. We will determine on an individual basis whether the usage or the service should be limited based on possible risks. However, there is no legal requirement to monitor or limit the appropriateness of the chat service. We will not be responsible for any loss or harm, especially for those resulting from violating our terms and conditions, including diverse content regardless of whether it has been assessed as appropriate.
Minors must have parental or guardian permission to use our chat services. We recommend that you should inform and warn them on the risks of the online environment before using this service. This does not, however, guarantee that your children will be safe from using the service. If you have any concerns, complaints, or suggestions, please contact our service operator through the given channels.
This content standard applies to all materials or contents you share on our website (the shared content) as well as the relevant chat service.
You must comply with the objectives and requirements of the following standards that cover the shared or entire content.
Shared content must:
- be accurate (in case of expressing facts)
- be authentic (in the case of expressing opinions)
- comply with Thai laws and the laws of the countries where it is posted and shared.
Shared content should not:
- be shown or communicated in a manner that defames others
- display or express any material that is obscene, offensive, malicious, or incite
- encourage explicit sexual media
- encourage violence
- encourage discrimination based on ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- infringe copyright, database permissions or trademarks of others
- be likely or nature to defraud or deceive others
- violate laws protecting third-party rights, such as contractual or confidentiality obligations
- encourage illegal activities
- encourage bullying, insulting, or violating other people's privacy practices. Encourage nuisance, inconvenience or excessive worry
- tend to be disruptive, provocative, humiliating, create panic or disturb other people
- used to imitate others or to disguise your identity or to link with other people
- mislead other people that the shared information comes from us
- recommend or encourage illegal acts, such as piracy or computer misuse
Suspension and cancellation
We would consider whether the policy has been violated from the nature of your use, which is final in our judgment. When a breach or infringement of this policy is discovered, we reserve the right to take any action we find necessary, such as:
- temporarily or permanently revoke your right of use
- temporarily or permanently delete any post, message or media that you have uploaded
- issue a warning note
- take legal action against you to claim compensation or indemnity. (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal expenses) incurred as a result of a violation
- take further legal action, if any
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities if necessary
We are not responsible for actions taken in response to policy violations. Additionally, we can take other appropriate acts.
We reserve the right to make changes to this information systems security policy at any time by updating this webpage. You should check the website from time to time for changes that may occur and may have legal implications on you. Some of the requirements stated in the policy may be replaced by the specifications or announcements published on the website.
Information about us
www.michelin.co.th is a website created by Michelin Siam Company Limited (hereinafter “We”), a Thai company with its registered office at 33/4, The Ninth Tower Building, Grand Rama 9, Building A, Rama 9 Road, Huai Khwang, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
Entering our website
Access to our website is granted on a temporary basis only. We reserve the right to delete or edit content at any time without warning (see below). We would not be responsible if the website is inaccessible for any reason.
In some cases, we can restrict access to all or part of our website to users who have registered with us.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights that appear on our website. The material or contents published on our website are protected by International copyright laws and treaties. The right of use is reserved for authorized persons only.
You may print, copy or download parts of the text from one or more pages of our website for personal reference. You may also persuade others in your organization to view materials posted on our website.
On the condition that you cannot modify any text or digital copy of the media you have printed or downloaded. Illustrations, photos, videos, sounds, or graphic images must not be used separately from the attached message. You shall refer to our website (and to a sponsor) as the media creator.
Without our permission or the permission of the actual rights holders, you cannot use any of the materials on our website for commercial purposes.
Credibility of a Content
Comments, messages, or any other content on our website are not intended to determine or confirm the credibility of our website. As a result, we disclaim responsibility for any mistake, defect, or harm that may result from visitors' or third parties' belief and use of comments, messages, media, or anything else posted on our site.
Our website changes regularly.
Our website is regularly updated and we reserve the right to change the content at any time, so access to the website may be temporarily suspended or indefinitely unavailable. Any information on our website may become obsolete over time. However, we have no obligation to improve the website.
The media or materials displayed on our website are proved as it is, without warranty of any kind. As long as they are not prohibited by laws, we and our affiliates assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any persons for the following circumstances:
● condition, warranty, terms and other agreements that may have other implications by legal provision, Customary law or justice
● any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from users in connection with our website, the ability or inability to use our website or any website linked to our website and any material posted on our website, including but not limited to, liability of;
- Loss of revenue or income
- Loss of business
- Loss of profits or contracts
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of data
- adverse effect on reputation
- Loss of management or time
we and our affiliates assume no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred whether caused by violation (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, although it can be predicted.
Limitation of such liability does not constitute a waiver of the exercise of claims in the event of loss or damage to shaped property or financial claims outside of the above-mentioned circumstances
Limitation of such liability does not exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, any fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be ignored or limited by law.
The website and all materials of the website are provided to you on an “as-is,” “as-available” basis and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the mobile application or any services, products, information, opinions, and materials available through the website. You are responsible for verifying or have veryfied any information you obtain from the website before relying on it. Use of the website is at your sole risk. We make no representations or warranties that use of the website or the materials provided through the website will be uninterrupted, completely secure, virus-free, or error-free. Except as expressly set forth in section “limitation of liability” below, unless there is a law stipulate otherwise which cannot be revoked by mutual agreement of the party (ies), your sole and exclusive remedy relating to your use of the website shall be to discontinue using the website.
Your information and your visits to our website
Uploading information on our website
When uploading media / material to the website or communicating with other users, you must agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the website's policy. You must ensure that the material or content you share complies with the policy and promise to compensate us in the event of a breach. Any content or information uploaded will be deemed disclosed, and no one will claim ownership of these items. We are free to use, copy, distribute, and publish this information for any reason. Additionally, we can disclose your identity to third parties who claim ownership of the media or information you have uploaded. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for any harm caused by the material, media, or information you publish or upload in cases of copyright or intellectual property rights infringement. We reserve the right to remove your material or content if it violates our policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offenses
It is forbidden to use our website for any illegal purpose, including attacking the website by using viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, and other malicious or harmful technologies. You must not, and must not attempt to, hack the website servers that host our website, or any other servers, devices, or databases, or link to our website without our permission. You must not launch a destructive attack or a distributed denial of service attack against our website.
If a breach occurs, it is considered a criminal offense under the Computer-related Crime Act B.E 2550 (2007), and we will report the infringement and reveal your identity to the appropriate governing body, as well as take legal action in accordance with the relevant departments. Any infringement of your right to use the website would result in immediate termination.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack involving a virus or other malicious technologies linked to your computer equipment or any other proprietary computer program, files, or material as a result of your use of our website. Likewise, you are prohibited from uploading any content from our website or any other website connected to ours.
Creating a link to our website
You may create a link to the main page of our website by complying with the applicable laws. You must not discredit us or seek any benefit from such actions. However, you must not create links indicated non-existent links, consent or endorsements from us, and you must not create links from websites that you do not belong to.
Our website must not appear on any other websites. You may not create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to revoke the link generation permission without prior notice. The website that you link to our website must comply with the standards set out in the policy on this webpage
If you wish to use any material on our website other than indicated above, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from our website
Our website's links to other websites and services provided by third parties are only intended to provide you with information. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for the quality of such links or services, including any loss or harm that may result from their use.
Michelin, the Michelin Man (Bibendum) and product names are registered trademarks are copyrights of Michelin Siam Co., Ltd. or the Michelin group company.
1. Michelin is committed to the privacy of our customers or individuals visiting our website. This webpage defines our management policy. The purpose of this policy is to help you understand how we handle the personal data that we collect, hold, use and disclose, how to find out, how to access and correct the information and, if necessary, how to make a complaint about our handling of that information.
2. Types of Personal data we collect and hold
The system may ask for your personal data if you wish to benefit from some of our services, especially the information that we provide including [Contact us] email, consumer reviews or tire user reviews, social sharing features (e.g. Facebook 'Like' buttons or other tools) or special promotions.
This website does not automatically collect or store any personal data except access based on user’s address IP and usage of the website, such as the duration of visit and the type of browser used. This will be recognized by the website servers and used for managing the system and provides statistics used only to evaluate the website usage.
a. Information about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer when you visit the site to help store preferences or other information. Cookies can save user preferences on certain types of websites. They can sometimes be used to keep track of how visitors enter and interact with the website. It is therefore necessary to understand that cookies do not store any personal data on your hard drive or computer. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Michelin is always searching for new ways to improve the website and provide you with better support. We use certain types of cookies as described below. Certain types of cookies need permission before being installed on the user's device (cookies for advertising purposes).
d. How to delete cookies
You can control these cookies by blocking, deleting or managing your cookie settings.
If you want to disable or block cookies from accessing your hard drive, you can find out the information from http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html or use the methods described below. We would like to inform that the information below is only a guide and an advice. Michelin is not responsible for any consequences arising from these instructions.
- On the computer
There are two methods for uninstalling cookies. The first method is using a web browser to view cookies already installed on your computer and delete them all or one by one.
- Apple Safari: Go to "Privacy" in the "Preferences" menu, select "Cookies and Websites information."
- "Google Chrome: Go to the "Privacy" menu in "Settings ", in options, select "Content Settings", then select "Cookies and Website Data"
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Open the "Tools" menu, go to "Internet Options", go to "General", then open "Search History", go to "Settings", click to open "Temporary Internet Files and Settings History" and open the "View Documents" menu.
- Mozilla Firefox: Open the "Tools" menu, go to "Options", then go to the "Tools", select "Privacy" and select “Delete cookies one by one”
- You can also delete cookies by following these steps:
- Go to workstation and select the folder in C drive.
- Open the "Temporary Internet Files" folder and select all files (press CTRL + A).
- Select "Delete"
You can configure your web browser to block cookies or display a notification before installing any cookies. The procedure varies depending on the browser type. The installation instructions can be found in the "Help" menu. The browser you use to access the Michelin website can be set independently on each device.
- On a smartphone or tablet
You can remove or delete cookies by following these steps:
- Android: Go to “Privacy & Security” in the “Settings” menu, then select “Clear Cache” “Delete Password” “Delete all cookies” You can set these functions to remove all cookies
- Google Chrome: In the “Settings” menu, go to “Advanced Options”, then “Delete Search History” and go to the data you want to delete
- Apple iOS 8 browser: Go to the "Settings" button, select the "Safari" tab, select "Stop cookies" and choose one of these options: "Always allowed", "Allow from current website only”, "Allow from websites I visit" or "Always block".
For IOS 7 or earlier versions, you can choose between “Always, From Third parties and advertisersor” or "Never".
Uninstalling or blocking cookies used on Michelin websites will interrupt or prevent your access to the website
e. Types of cookies used by Michelin.
Michelin may use one or more of the following cookies.
Cookies can be temporarily stored. (cookies for interaction purpose), which are available when browsing the website or can be stored for a long time. There are age ranges depending on the specified age range and your browser settings. There are 4 major types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
Cookies that are absolutely necessary for providing online communication services via electronic channels are essential for the smooth operation of the website. Deactivating these cookies may affect your browsing experience or make it impossible to use the services available on the website. These cookies do not save any information. After you leave the website, the cookie is used to identify the device for routing communications, counting the number of "clusters" of information to place the route in an appropriate order and check for transmission errors or data corruption, etc.
- Functionality cookies.
Functionality cookies are necessary to provide online communication services upon user’s request. There will be specific functions for each user. If this type of cookie is disabled, it will make it impossible to use some of the services. These cookies can collect personal data. Some of them can collect personal data after using the website and sent to Michelin business partners for service purposes only. There are user preference cookies such as “user usage” cookies (which identifies a user when open webpages and store data during browser usage only) or "shopping cart" cookies
- Statistics cookies
This type of cookie is used to remember when a visitor returns to the website. Only the "identifier" of the online user's details will be saved in cookies. (depending on the cookie) but will never be used to obtain personal data from users. These cookies will save the pages you visit, the duration of your visit and any unusual messages to enhance your experience of using the Michelin website.
This type of cookie is installed and managed by our business partners but will limit their use for essential statistical analysis purposes only.
- Advertising cookies and cookies for online tracking via share buttons.
These cookies enable third parties to provide services, especially in the advertising field and improve efficiency by remembering the webpages and websites you visit and collecting your personal data which is usually the IP address of the user's device. Information collected can be shared with third parties, such as cookies that allow Michelin to serve advertisements that are relevant to your interests and based on your usage history on the Michelin website or to limit ad duplication. These cookies need your permission before installation. A message bar will appear on the website clearly asking your permission to install cookies.
To store and use relevant information and view ads based on a user's visit to the website, Michelin uses the Company cookies together with Operator cookies and Google. Two additional cookies are used to determine the relationship between website visits and on-screen ads, the usage of ads in other contexts, as well as the quality of advertisements shown on screens and advertising service. It is often used to remember the website's preferences and statistics in order to produce relevant advertising.
Michelin connects our website to social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube using so-called social plugins (we refer to the buttons in the next paragraph).
When visiting our website, these buttons is not usually be operated. That means these buttons will not send any information to relevant social media if you don't click on them. You will need to click on one of these buttons to activate it. The buttons will remain available until you click to disable or delete cookies. When activating, the system will create a direct connection to the selected social network. The information of these buttons is transmitted from the social network to the web browser directly which are included in the websites you visit.
When you activate the button, the relevant social networks will store your information whether you use it or not. If you log out of social media, the network will determine your user account's access to the website. Details and visits to other Michelin webpages will not connect to the original website unless you activate a button on those webpages.
If you have social network account and do not wish to create a connection between the information stored during your visit to the website and save information when you log in, you need to log out of the social media before activating the button.
If you want to learn more about the amount of data stored, the purpose for data storage, the system for processing and using such data on social networks, including permissions and preference options to protect your privacy, please read the privacy terms of the related social networks.
Our website has buttons for the following social networks:
- Facebook.com operated under Facebook Co., Ltd., located at 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA (“FACEBOOK”). You can find a list of Facebook plugins and thumbnails at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins. For more information on Facebook's security policy, please visit: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. You can block your browser's Facebook plugins and add-ons using"Facebook Blocker" etc.
4. The possession and protection of your personal and credit information
The personal data you record will be stored electronically on our systems or service providers' systems. Personal data will be handled with appropriate precautions. In addition, we require our other credit providers to follow appropriate standards of security and confidentiality when in possession of your personal or credit information.
5. The purposes of collecting, using and disclosing your personal data.
The system may ask for your personal data if you wish to benefit from some of our services, especially the information that we provide including [Contact us] email, consumer reviews or tire user reviews, social sharing features (e.g. Facebook 'Like' buttons or other tools) or special promotions. In any case, we will use the personal data to provide the service only for the part you have indicated to participate in. You can unsubscribe from us at any time. If you do not want your personally information to be collected, please do not inform or deliver any information.
We may share your personal data with our third-party suppliers or service providers. The suppliers and service providers shall keep your personal data safe and confidential in accordance with the terms of a contract. They must use your personal data only when necessary to provide the services assigned to them.
6. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We have services provided by other companies in the Michelin Group and external service providers. Some of them may be located outside your country of residence. (See more details in “Cross-border disclosure of personal data”). Your information may be passed on to such providers for this purpose.
Third parties that we may disclose your personal data to may include:
- Relevant Michelin group companies located outside your country of residence
- Any party required to disclose your personal data so that we can provide or manage services or transactions you have requested, including;
- Service providers, such as postal services, shipping agent, service and support, customer service
- Service providers to whom we contract to operate under the agreement between you and us (if any)
- Legal service providers, auditors, debt settlement or valuation service providers and other service providers who are responsible for maintaining confidentiality for us.
- Analytical and market research service providers who provide marketing, market research or other services related to supporting our business
- Insurers, assessors and underwriters.
- Fraud report companies
- Potential investors, buyers or individuals who wish to benefit from any part of our business from time to time.
- Persons to whom we are required to disclose information in accordance with legal requirements, rules, regulations or guidelines, including regulators, governmental bodies or recognized industry bodies. (All or some of them may be located outside of your country of residence)
7. Cross-border disclosure of personal data
Certain recipients of personal data within the Michelin Group may be located outside of your country of residence in accordance with the management structure. Although we are unable to provide a complete list of the countries where your data may be transferred, however, such countries are often the countries where Michelin has branches all over the world. A list of those countries can be found on the Michelin website, www.michelin.com. These companies may be required to disclose personal data under international law.
When sharing information for the above reasons, we remain responsible for the dissemination of that information and ensure that your personal data will be handled in accordance with legal requirements.
8. Requesting access to your personal data
9. Requesting correction of your personal data
We usually take corrective actions within 30 days from the date of your request. If there is any delay, we will notify you by written notice. The correction of information is free of charge.
10. Complaints and disputes
If you have any complaint or dispute related to Personal Data Protection Act or Privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer (see contact details below).
A response notice will be sent within 7 days of receiving a complaint. We will investigate the complaint and resolve the issue within 30 days of receiving the complaint. If there is any delay, we will notify you of the reason for the delay and specify the date we expect a solution to be completed.
If we are unable to resolve the complaint up to your expectations, you can make a request to the appropriate privacy authority in your country of residence.
11. Contact us
If you have any problems with the information displayed on our website, please contact http://www.michelin.co.th/TH/th/help-and-support/contact-us.html Thank you for visiting our website.